DINEOF daily cloud-free SST for the Western Mediterranean Sea
DINEOF (Data INterpolating Empirical Orthogonal Functions) is an EOF-based technique to reconstruct missing data in satellite images. Initial cloudy data, reconstruction, outliers and error field (all calculated by DINEOF) for the last 10 days are shown. This product is updated daily with the latest SST data.
Note: Units are degrees Celsius
- Here DINEOF is applied daily to VIIRS SST data from the PODAAC ftp site. This is GHRSST Level 3C North Atlantic Regional (NAR) subskin Sea Surface Temperature from SNPP/VIIRS (GDS V2) produced by OSI SAF.
- DINEOF is run on 6 months of data a first time to calculate a first EOF basis
- Outliers are calculated and removed, following Beckers et al (2006) (full description here).
- DINEOF is run a second time to calculate the final dataset.
- Figures are prepared and posted on this webpage.
- The whole procedure takes about 3 hours. If DINEOF is run only once, then in 1.5 hours.
You can download DINEOF here.