DINEOF daily cloud-free SST for the Western Mediterranean Sea
DINEOF (Data INterpolating Empirical Orthogonal Functions) is an EOF-based technique to reconstruct missing data in satellite images. In this page the initial cloudy data set and the reconstruction for the last 10 days are shown. This product is updated daily with the latest SST data.
Note: Units are degrees Celsius
- Here DINEOF is applied daily to METOP-B SST data from the PODAAC site. This is GHRSST Level 3C North Atlantic Regional (NAR) subskin Sea Surface Temperature produced by OSI SAF.
- DINEOF is run on 6 months of data a first time to calculate a first EOF basis
- Outliers are calculated and removed, following Alvera-Azcárate et al (2012) (full description here).
- DINEOF is run a second time to calculate the final dataset.
- Figures are prepared and posted on this webpage.
- The whole procedure takes about 3 hours. If DINEOF is run only once, then in 1.5 hours.
You can download DINEOF here.
Questions? a.alvera (at) ulg.ac.be